Saturday, November 5, 2011

Career Day (By Teagan)


On Wednesday we had "Take Your Kid to Work Day". Most schools do it in Grade 9, but my school does it with our Grade 10 Careers classes. I went with my friend and her mom to a hospital. It was really weird to see a Canadian Hospital when I have been used to Haiti clinics. Hospitals here are so big, clean, and tidy. When I was there they took us on a tour of the hospital, and then we shadowed my friend's mom in the OR. I saw a Gall Bladder being removed, I saw cataract surgery, and I saw a C-section. I also learned how to suture on a teddy bear, and we removed a balloon from a box the same way they remove a Gall Bladder. We had to wear scrubs and hairnets, and when we were doing the fake surgery we had to wear the surgical outfit too. It was really cool to go to a hospital and see all the different jobs, because when I'm older i want to be some kind of medical person, but I'm not sure what kind yet.
Me, dressed up in scrubs and all that fun stuff
The Teddy Bear I stitched up

1 comment: