Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stop & Think Haiti Trip! (by Teagan)

So having lived in Haiti for 3 years, and then moving away, I finally got to go back! I was on a team with 13 other awesome people from my school. When i lived there before, I was always used to the Haitian side of things. Teams came and went and that was normal. There were some really good teams, and some kind of annoying teams. Thats just the way it was. I was used to all the preparation that it took at the mission so everyone was ready and able for the new teams to come down. The Guesthouse had to be clean, there had to be new food and pop brought in, the trucks and buses needed to be booked, the translators had to be called. all of this was normal for me. so for me to actually go back to Mission of Hope ON a team, and see the other side of things, was a whole new experience. it was cool to actually go through that journey with everyone, to actually see what it was like to be a part of all those people that go down to Haiti.

The trip was so much fun, and it was so good to see everyone again! I had a really good time and I hope the rest of my team did too! I hope that they can now see what I saw, and I hope they learned something from the people of Haiti. It was a really good trip, and I'm glad I got to be a part of it!

To see our daily adventures in Haiti check out our team blog http://hdch-haiti-mission.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment