Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fifteen (By Teagan)

There is a Taylor Swift song that I really like called Fifteen. I think it is kinda relevant to my life, because although I am in the beginning of grade 10, I am 15 and starting high school for the very first time. I really like how in this song it really reminds you that in life you will do bigger things than than being "friends" with the popular girls at school or dating the "guy on the football team" and when I'm feeling like I don't really know what is going on or when I'm not really certain about the future all I have to remember is that God has a plan for me, and even though it might not be clear right now, I will do great things.


You take a deep breath and you walk through the doors
It's the morning of your very first day
You say "Hi" to your friends you ain't seen in a while
Try and stay out of everybody's way
It's your freshman year and you're gonna be here
For the next four years in this town
Hoping one of those senior boys will wink at you and say
"You know I haven't seen you around, before"

'cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you
You're gonna believe them
And when you're fifteen
Feeling like there nothing to figure out
Well count to ten, take it in
This is life before you know who you're gonna be
Fifteen

You sit in class next to a redhead named Abigail
And soon enough you're best friends
Laughing at the other girls who think they're so cool
We'll be out of here as soon as we can

And then you're on your very first date and he's got a car
And you're feeling like flying
And you're momma's waiting up and you think hes the one
And you're dancing round your room when the night ends
When the night ends

'cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you
You're gonna believe them
When you're fifteen and your first kiss
Makes your head spin round but
In your life you'll do things greater than dating the boy of the football team
But I didn't know it at fifteen

When all you wanted was to be wanted
Wish you could go back and tell yourself what you know now
Back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday
But I realized some bigger dreams of mine

'cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you
You're gonna believe them
And when you're fifteen, don't forget to look before you fall
I've found that time can heal most anything
And you just might find who you're supposed to be
I didn't know who I was supposed to be at fifteen

Fifteen -Taylor Swift

3 comments:

  1. ahh yes... you will do SO MUCH greater things! and He knows the desires of your heart, teagan. believe it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are lovely. God is with you. always.
    what a powerhouse of a team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my song for the whole time I was 15, and it's really true how when were in the middle of it all, dating to football player really seems like its the most important thing, but then you take a step back and realize that it really isn't.

    -Pascale :)

    ReplyDelete