Friday, September 9, 2011

Transitioning (by Teagan)

Okay, I am very sorry I haven't written anything in a real long time!  We have had a crazy summer! First we were in the Dominican, then I went off to Camp Kahquah for 2 weeks of the best time I have ever had at camp! After that I went back up to camp with my whole family for a fun time as well, and then back down to the Dominican.

So now that brings me to school. I started going to highschool on Tuesday. It is the first time I have been in an actual school with more than 8 people in 3 years, and the thing is I only know 1 person in the entire school of 460 people... ok so it is a super small highschool, but still, only 1 person, who is only in 1 of my classes. Can you imagine what a big difference that is compared to knowing everyone within 75 acres around me!

The first day of school at lunch I sat alone. I didn't know anyone and so I sat on a bench in the hallway. I was pretty close to some girls that were in my grade (ok so maybe I did plan it) and after a few minutes they took pity on me and came and sat by me, so that was nice :)

So far moving back to Canada is going okay, we are moving in a couple of weeks to a real house, and not a basement, and everyone has started school. I still miss it in Haiti very much and that is still really hard for me. Please pray for my whole family's transition back to Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment